Friday, August 04, 2006

Prep course cont.

So I just finished the PowerPrep exam, I got a 620 (34Q,41V) and I'm not sure what to think. I'm sort of surprised that my verbal was so much better than my quant because I absolutely hate the GMAT verbal section and end up guessing half the time and just speeding through with 30 or so minutes left at the end. On the other hand, I've always scored better on verbal than quant on standardized tests even though I actually enjoy the math much more. I'm not sure that taking the exam right after a full day of work helped either - but clearly, I need some study time. (Looks like 41 percentile Quant and 93 percentile Verbal - man, some difference, guess I should stick with the 'touchy feely' after all ;)

Technically, since I scored less than a 650 (my arbitrary cut off) I should sign up for the prep course ... but maybe not. I just don't know how well this score predicts my final score. and how easily I can raise it just by commmitting to my own study schedule. The Manhatten GMAT folks said to subract 40 points off for a more realistic picture (or was it 80?). Hmmm ... I'm sick of thinking about it. Time for my weekend. Happy weekend, everyone.

No comments: