Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Feeling anxious

So I've heard through the grapevine that R1 applications at Chicago were up significantly. I wonder why that would be. That plus my irritation that I couldn't break the GMAT have me a little on edge this evening. I'm really tired too and not looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. My new job is very tedious and since I don't know anyone there, just sit at my computer trying to be the most productive contractor possible, there's not much to look forward to. So I've been trolling the BWeek forums (always a bad idea), discovered admissions411.com and have been generally torturing myself online for the past hour or so. It's just hard to know why anyone would want to accept me. It would be one thing if I wanted to go into a softer field but I want to go into the quanty world of finance and I can't even manage to break the 80th percentile on the GMAT quant. Sheesh. And my job experience isn't all that top notch. It's sound but I've not worked for a brand name investment bank ... despite my attempts at keeping a level head, these things wear on me after a good dose of forum bragging. Best to stick with my own little insular MBA world here. I just don't really like competing. If I get into an MBA program, I've just signed myself up for a lifetime of competition. Fun. It all sounds exhausting. Anyhow, since I'm placing all my bets on one school, the suspense will certainly be short-lived. Either Chicago accepts me, or no one does. Time for bed.

No comments: