Monday, February 04, 2008

Just another Monday

Who knew this blog would become a sort of therapy for me. Thanks everyone for the kind words. Anyhow, Monday brought two yays and one nay. One of the yays I'm very happy about. One I'm so so on and wondering if I should decline. The nay is from a firm that rightly guessed it's not really at the top of my list. I have two interviews tomorrow that I am not looking forward to and wondering why I bothered to bid for them. So far my vow to focus on homework seems to be unfulfilled.

The never ending scrutiny that is recruiting takes a mental toll. It begins with resume reviews in the fall, then into the parade of networking events you march, ending with a grand finale of interview after interview after interview. Not to mention that joy that is MBA application land prior to all of this. It's a marathon - one best attempted when one is not already exhausted and spent before the starting gun fires.

I'm tired of trying to convince everyone that I'm a superstar in the making. I dream about a land where being slightly above average is good enough. I dream of a land of business men and women with a sense of humor. I dream about a land where Baby Y sleeps for more than 2 hours at a stretch ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel. Writing applications is such a time-consuming and necessarily involved process it can sometimes feel that's all you do. The frustration and boredom is only multiplied when it's for jobs you're not sure you want but feel you have to try for anyway. And the amount of blarney that has to go into both them and interviews can really get to you after a while, too. Anyway, I sympathise. I also really like reading your blog, and I've posted a link to it at http://www.find-mba.com I know there are a lot of readers there who can identify, and just as many who should be warned!