Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Save, Schmave - Spend it all

I don't know about the rest of you, but I regret not just buying some sweaters or shoes rather than saving for retirement all of these years. Never met a pair of shoes that couldn't stand up to a good credit crunch. Oh well.

In other news, I finally get an office with a door at home again. I can't believe I made it through a whole quarter in the living room with Baby Y frisking about my feet.

We've had a dusting of snow which I like. I'm enjoying a couple years of real winters, especially since it looks more and more likely that we will end up in the snowless northwest after all this is said and done.

Too many doctor visits! One thing I really dislike about being pregnant is all the poking and prodding and lounging around waiting rooms that goes on. It feels awfully time consuming. I also appear to be gaining more weight, more quickly with this one, which is a bummer since I was hoping that Baby X would be smaller than Baby Y (who was a good sized little fetus). Exercise feels impossible.

And I either I'm fighting allergies in December or have succumbed to the ever present cold that's haunting school and family right now. Darn.

But this week is the last week of classes. All that stands before me and winter break is three finals. (And one unopened Financial Instruments text book.) Student life is hectic and the work is endless but as Y bundled up for his commute yesterday morning I was feeling awfully glad that I wasn't expected to go in to an office these days.

No comments: