Sunday, August 20, 2006

I hate sundays

Sundays have always been my least favorite day. Just arrived back in PNA from a partial week in PNZ. Often I stretch out the visit in PNZ as long as possible and get back pretty late but today I decided I needed some time to organize myself before the week started. I'm feeling anxious because I'm meeting w/the house painter tomorrow to show him what a crappy job he did. I don't want him to fix it, I just want my money back, but I'm not sure how that will pan out. I hate interactions like this. I'm really not looking forward to it.

Talking to Y and thinking more about my life I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm really should not even think of starting an MBA program in 2007. I don't even think I'll bother applying to even just one. I don't want to waste my recommenders' time. And this really gives me permission to put off studying for the GMAT while I get my life together. After 3 years of CFA and licensing exams, I really need a study break. The GMAT is fun in comparison but it's still more study when other parts of my life have been too long neglected. I'll study after I move. Right now I need to figure out what I'm doing with my house and what is happening with my career. I'm still tentatively planning a 'grad school tour' for this fall. But I think that's all I should do towards the MBA program at the moment.

But as far as study goes, I highly recommend the Manhattan GMAT books. They are concise and I like how they're organized into different topics and give you 'assignments' from the Official Guide that have you focus just one certain problem types. Very effective I think. I think it's also handy to do the problems with a timer and really try to stay under 2 minutes for quantitative and 1 3/4 for verbal. When you buy the Manhattan books you also get 3 online exams and a gaggle of online practice questions for each topic. So it's a great deal for the DIYer and so far much better than Princeton Review. Even though I'm postponing study for now, thought I'd give that feedback if anyone ever happens across this blog.

No comments: