Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Monday

Not much to say here. Had my interview a week ago which went fine, I guess. Who knows. I posted about it on ClearAdmit's Wiki, so check there for more specifics. Figured out my suit, just bought it a size larger and held up the pants with a belly band thingamabob. Not quite as secure as buttons and zippers, but they stayed up. I prefer skirts, but pregnant ladies can't be picky. Happily, my interviewer didn't ask me any of the dreaded teamwork/leadership/canned blahblah questions. They were all very personalized and had more to do with who I was, what I wanted in life, what interested me. Which was fun but made it hard to be as concise. I couldn't sleep the night after, thinking about how much better I could have answered the questions. Nonetheless I feel ok about it. He certainly got a sincere and accurate picture of me, I think. Whether that's a good thing, I don't know.

We ended up discussing my pregnancy during the 'how do you plan to to get involved at Chicago' question since I am interested in the Parents of Little Ones group. He said that his sister had a baby during law school and seemed to feel that it could be done, so I was glad that he wasn't too shocked. I also explained how my family was planning to support me in this crazy plan and he took lots of notes there. His final question was whether I would accept an offer from GSB and I told him absolutely yes since it was the only school that I had applied to which definitely caught his attention, for better or worse. I don't know if that's a plus.

In sum, I've got lots of time to wait and am excited for the wait to be over. I would like to participate in the GSB chat on Wednesday for interview invitees but don't think I'll be available.

The good news is that I'm enjoying my 3 day weekend, completely free from any MBA to do list. I'll be working from home all this week since the company is moving and doesn't have anywhere for me to sit anyway.

Met with 2 doulas - am thinking I might go doula free. Have been reading more about the process of labor and delivery and am actually really looking forward to that. It seems so strange an incredible and hard to imagine. I really want to see what it's like.

No comments: