Friday, March 16, 2007

Week 27 here we come

First, let me be the first to say, "I hate Daylight Savings". What a stupid idea.

I'm spending a long weekend down here in PNA to help take care of my little sister who is getting her tonsils out tomorrow.

So, 2 weeks until the decisions are released. I am so ready. I wasn't planning to make an entry until I found out my status actually. I dont' really have much to say. Work has gotten mildly more interesting. We moved buildings so I actually get my own desk and chair and parking space which is quite nice. Sometime last week I get to work and open my browser and see a WSJ headline that the company I'm working for just went public! Well sheesh. I had no idea! I know as a contractor I'm a bit out of the loop but I figured there would be some celebrating in the hallways or something but not a peep. This job was just to keep a little money flowing in and keep me from dying of boredom in PNZ but it is interesting to work in a company, rather than just being an outside observer. Interesting to see how accounting departments work. And the quality of life is so easy compared to what I'm used to! Damn, I do not miss getting up at 4 a.m. or putting in day after day where I don't see any sunlight.

I am enjoying watching scandal after scandal hit the white house. Is that wrong? It's the only pleasure I can get out of this administration - to watch them finally get the shame and disgrace that they deserve. Is it bad for me to express political opinions here? All the wasted money on this war and on all the pork that's been pushed through congress. Talk about big government. What a fiscal wreck. Our diplomatic relations with the word are in shambles. Civil liberties are eroded. Iraq is a festering sore. I am so ready for a new president. One with a brain would be nice.

No comments: