Friday, August 10, 2007

Phew

Have been up since 5:00 a.m. - getting stuff done! (Even though Baby Y is in a phase where he refuses to sleep during the day unless someone is holding him. Sigh.) Thought I'd celebrate by doing a little post. I couldn't sleep because I was worrying about the LOE (required retreat to kick off our time at the GSB) situation - although they're allowing me to bring him, they emphasized I was getting special treatment, which makes me a little uncomfortable, and I'm just a little worried about the logistics. Plus in my post-partum condition I'm not really up for outdoor adventuring unfortunately. (Diastasis recti anyone? Oy. That will teach me not to take it easy when the doctor tells me to.)

Nonetheless, managed to upload my pathetic resume in time to meet the deadline. That puppy needs some work! But I've accepted that it's just going to have to wait until I get to campus and have time with the career service folks. Resumes are so painful. Bah.

Gary Becker had more positive things to say about women and work, relative to the NPR articles I mentioned in yesterday's blog. And if you haven't heard of Nicola Horlick, she is one of my inspirations. She has 5 kids and a super career. My goodness. Luck or hard work? I'd like to know more of her story but all I can't find much detail.

No comments: