Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and I've been hosting it for the last 8 years. Mainly because I can't bear to turn any of the dishes over to anyone else lest we end up eating pre-made crusts or jellied cranberry sauce or stove top stuffing. Or, even worse, pineapple roast duck or some other exotic recipe excursion. I prefer the classic Thanksgiving myself.

Anyhow, this year we will be traipsing to Moline, Iowa, and I will just have to put my faith in my aunt to do justice to the annual meal. Which is probably just as well. Though the six hours in the car with a baby who can barely handle 30 minutes in the car seat (during which I desperately hope to catch up on my long overdue Financial Instruments reading or just about to be due FSA valuation project (groan)) does not bode well, I am hoping this will be a more relaxing Thanksgiving for me. I'm too pregnant to spearhead an all day cookfest. Though I will, of course, be contributing the two most critical Thanksgiving dishes: stuffing and pumpkin pie.

May you all have a delicious Thanksgiving.

No comments: