Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Week 8 of 10

So I logged on to try to finish the ever-unfinished student life post but decided I need to go to bed instead. Last week was a complete waste. Spent Monday through Friday on the couch. Skipped 4 of my 5 classes (yipes!). And only started to feel somewhat normal this weekend. Unfortunate timing but I think I'll make it.

To answer Soni's recruiting question - folks are getting jobs. Allegedly, we are tracking just about even with last year's class in terms of 2nd years with jobs but that doesn't necessarily mean that folks are as happy with their offer as they might have been in good times. (In other words, just because you have a job, doesn't mean you like the job you have.) Definitely, the financial services industry (in all it's shapes and forms) is pretty much non-existent right now. It will come back eventually ... not this year. And even though the 1st years might be struggling on the internship front (I don't know this for a fact, just anecdotes), getting a full-time job is more important than securing an internship anyway. So at least they get another go at it next year. (Not that that helps with the frustration/disappointment now.)

Ok, must sleep. Might not do much posting in the next couple of weeks as I try to finish this damn quarter.

No comments: