Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Mommy M.B.A.: Schools Try to Attract More Women

I was intrigued to see this article, which includes a quote from Stacey Kole, mentioned in the regular round up of articles mentioning the GSB that the school sends out. Frankly, I am pretty disgruntled at this point on the Motherhood and the MBA front. I can't seem to make a whit of improvement at the GSB. NAWMBA and Forte have not been interested in my outreach either. Frankly, I'm of the mind (and I don't believe I'm alone) that all this talk about getting more women in MBA programs is hot air. And articles titled "Mommy MBA" (how patronizing can we get??) piss me off. I'm not getting a fucking mommy mba thank you very much. Man, women just have no self respect.

But more on that later! (Back to organizing my life.)

Happy New Year!

Snarkily yours,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

on a slightly different note:
http://www.haas.berkeley.edu/news/faculty/Wolfram2.html

.

MaybeMBA said...

Ah yes. I am very familiar with this story. (http://tombaornot.blogspot.com/2008/08/opt-out-yadda-yadda.html) I think there is certainly some truth in the analysis but I take issue with the study as well.